Friday, June 4, 2010



A few weeks ago in Relief Society we had a lesson on Mother's and Daughters, The talk was taken from the most recent General Conference. It talks a lot about Mother's and what council they give there daughters. Also on how Daughters treat there mothers. Although I did not listen to much of the lesson due to a very active 8 month old. I was reading over the talk on the Monday and thinking about my own mother.

Tomorrow it is my mum's 54th Birthday. I really do love her and what she taught me, I found this quote in the talk that I felt it related how I use to treat her,

Now, mothers, I understand that it sometimes appears that our children aren’t paying attention to the lessons we’re trying to teach them. Believe me—I’ve seen that glazed-over look that comes to the eyes of teenagers just when you’re coming to what you think is the best part of your instruction. Let me assure you that even when you think your daughter is not listening to a thing you say, she is still learning from you as she watches you to see if your actions match your words. As Ralph Waldo Emerson is believed to have said, “What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say” (see Ralph Keyes, The Quote Verifier [2006], 56).

I love my mother so much and believe I did learn from her on how to be a mother and how she treats her children. She is such a loving supporting mother and always has time for each of her 5 children and 7 grandchildren.

The best thing about my Mum she has taught me how to be a Mother....


Teach your daughters to find joy in nurturing children. This is where their love and talents can have the greatest eternal significance. Consider in this context President Harold B. Lee’s injunction that “the most important . . . work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own homes” (Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Harold B. Lee [2000], 134). This is true for all of us, of course, but it is especially powerful when considering the relationship of mothers and daughters


HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUM XOX

No comments: