Monday, May 31, 2010

DAYCARE

Since Spencer has turned 2, I have wanted to start him in daycare but didn't know where to look. I found the perfect place in Melbourne but with moving I couldn't really start him there because it would mess with his routine. As moving did upset it enough as it was. So about 2 weeks ago Kurt and I came to the decision that Daycare is need in his life. As he was getting very bored at home and I was running out of things to entertain him. I did a lot of research into the type of daycare I wanted for him. There are a few things with him that I do worry about. ( I won't go into that now) As any parent would. With not knowing about the centers in the area. I went to to trusty google. The first one that popped up I rang them and went for a visit with him. I didn't feel right about the center as the staff were not friendly towards me and very welcoming. When I later thought about it, I knew that was not the center for him. As there were way to many kids there.
I looked it up again and found another center went in for a look. Spencer had a good play and I had a chance to really talk to the room leader. Who is LOVELY.. I felt a vibe with her that I didn't feel with anyone else that I had spoken to about Spencer. I talked about my concerns with her and she reassured me that she would strive to do the best thing for him. After 2 hours of Spencer playing, I saw that the right place. He screamed when we had to leave.
As I dropped him off today I didn't feel sad as I knew he was in the right place. The child care workers there were awesome with him. So caring and loving.
I am looking forward to taking him next week as he gets use to his new routine...


No comments: