Friday, June 13, 2008

Passports

Well our trip to England is getting closer. 41 days till we leave. Expect for there is a minor stress on my part. Kurt passport is all done and he is ready to leave for England. Spencer is still at the passports office. The story with his is that they needed my Mum's birth certificate because I am so young. (19 isn't to have a baby right?) They didn't care the fact that I was married and didn't even want to look twice at my husbands birth certificate!! All they wanted was my mums!
And than all the issues with mine.... Its so stupid with changing your name when you get married! Who knew that your marriage certificate that they give you is just for show and you actually have to get one from Birth Deaths and Marriages and get a real certificate!! Oh well hopefully I can still go to England and our passports will come through! Anyway I am going to go make chocolate cake and relax!!

(By the way if you are planning on getting a passport and you are married you need to get a offical marriage certificate from births deaths and marriages, And if one person dares says Didn't you know that I am going to go insane.)

2 comments:

Melany said...

Didn't you know that Ash haha !!!!

Yeah that one the church gives you ain't gunna cut it with the law lol I'm surprised you didnt have an actual Marriage certificate sent to you a few weeks after you were married....

Anywho not to worry ... YOu will go to England and buy me soemthing nice haha :) jk

Anonymous said...

Oi Ash... don't worry I didn't know either!!! I was trying to get a licence in my new name (I'm a slacker I know) and the stupid things are only open 9-4:30 business days which is no good when you work full-time, so I took a whole day out of my annual leave to go to QLD transport and get my licence. So I'm there with my wedding certificates and I give them to the lady and she's like "Where's the one from Births Deaths and Marriages?". I was SO cross and she's like "I can't give you a licence in your new name unless I've got that certificate" and I was like "I have a certificate right HERE, and I have a ring, AND I have the husband here with me to prove that I'm married, what more do you need??!!"

She didn't give me my new licence.

Stupid stupid stupid rule. I have uber sympathy for you.