Monday, April 7, 2008

My Weekend

On Saturday we had a great day. We had my sister Melissa's baby afternoon tea party. It was fantastic. We all had such a great day. I had the pleasure of doing the games and everyone said I did a fantastic job but I thought I could of done a little better. We play 3 games first one was measuring Lissa's big tummy with toilet paper. Sandy won that one. The second one was I found a bowl of rice and safety pins in it and people had to find the safety pins blind folded. That was funny to watch. And lastly I did a fun enjoyable game. It was a quiz on Lissa. I think people had fun doing it and finding out little facts about Lissa. When she was a child and teen. That one was a little hard for other people because Melissa didn't grow up here. Followed by the games we had a lovely afternoon tea done by Lissa's mother in law. And than present opening. We all had a lovely day and I hope Melissa enjoyed herself.

My 2 brother's James and Robbie both were very lucky last week. They got to go on Maroondah Stake Pioneer Trek. If anyone has been on a pioneer trek everyone will agree it is a very uplifting moment and just very tiring. anyway on Saturday afternoon James and Robbie returned from the trek. It bought back so many memories of us returning and made me grateful for the expeince I had about 5 years ago. So I caught the boys on camera as soon as they saw us. (thats why there not real good photos) Both the boys enjoyed themseleves so much, I dont think they were to keen on coming home though.

It was great last night we had the pleasure of watching the 2003 Maroondah Stake Trek which bought tears to my eyes. One I was thinking WOW I wasn't looking to good and also I can't believe I did that and also the thought of its over 5 years ago. I really think thats where my testimony started. I think it's funny how I had such a spiritual experience as in going on the trek but I still questioned if the church was true or not 3 years after being on it. Of course now I know it is true without a doubt in my mind. But I guess you really have to try and write these events down and how spiritual they were for you. Also Satan can take swings at you left right and center.

Anyway I am just grateful for my brother to have that expeience. Anyway I better leave it at that. Love to all.

No comments: