Wednesday, April 2, 2008

S'mores and Black outs.

If anyone has watched the news lately you would see that the weather in Melbourne hasn't been the best weather ever. We have had wild winds rain and black outs.
I have to tell you I wasn't excited when I had the whole afternoon planned with Mel and Kim. I thought it would be great we would watch dvds and make s'mores. Well I was half right.
We made s'mores they were so yummy. I didn't know what they were so I had to google them before Mel came so I didn't look like a complete idoit. A s'more is 2 biscuits with chocolate and marshmellow in the middle and They are called S'mores because you always want more.
Seeing we had no power we had to brain storm and work out how on earth we would melt the marshmellow. Luckily we have a gas stove so we just lit it up and melted the marshmellow that way which was lots of fun. After snacking on s'mores for a little bit and having no power we thought we might play mormon-opoly. Which was fun... Kim won. For some reason she wins a lot at our house.

Well the power didn't come back on till 8pm. Kurt and I were melting marshmellows over the candles which was silly but fun.. I am not a huge fan of blackouts and we were all so grateful for when the power. We all commented on that how much we take for granted with all the power and tv that we use.

RECIPE FOR SMORES
MARSHMELLOWS
FURRY FRIENDS CHOCOLATES
CHOCOLATE WHEATEN BISCUITS
Melt the marshmellows (we did it over the stove also pink and white give the best effect)
Put marshmellows and Furry friend in the middle and make it like a sandwich with the 2 biscuits. (make sure the chocolate is in the middle)
AND ENJOY!!!!

1 comment:

de Wit Family said...

Ummmm hello, where were they when I came over? Did you all pack them up and hide them? LOL Probably a wise move. My pregnant butt didn't need them, that's for sure!